Verizon is seeking an attorney to provide support to other attorneys and internal clients by reviewing, drafting, negotiating and supporting implementation of contracts primarily associated with the distribution channels of Verizon Wireless products and services. This position reports to the Vice President & Deputy General Counsel – Services, Operations and Compliance.
- Provide support to attorneys and internal clients by preparing, reviewing and revising contracts primarily associated with Verizon Wireless’ distribution businesses and the provision of roaming services. Types of commercial transactions generated, reviewed, and approved include wholesale/reseller agreements, alternative distribution/agent agreements, roaming agreements and nondisclosure agreements.
- Provide contract project management from initial submission of draft contract for legal review through final contract ready for execution.
- Analyze information received from clients to determine whether and what additional information is necessary to generate documents and obtain required Legal and Finance approval.
- Develop new, and update standard, contracts, exhibits, and other templates.
- Ensure that transactions comply with the Company’s policies and applicable law, including FCC obligations and export and OFAC laws.
- Evaluate legal consequences of contracts submitted by outside parties or changes to Verizon Wireless' standard contracts suggested by outside parties and internal clients, and work with clients to accommodate Company needs and negotiate proposed changes with resellers, agents, vendors and/or their attorneys.
- Advise and engage internal clients in the alternative distribution channels and various business divisions on multiple legal and business risks involved in day-to-day administration of contracts, including letters of credit, legal and operational notices, business user guides, applications for reseller status, pricing analysis, Accounts Receivables management, breach letters and statements of work.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- JD degree and six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bar membership in good standing and needed licenses.
- Three or more years of experience generating, revising and interpreting commercial contracts for a corporation or at a law firm; in-house experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Excellent skills in drafting and textual analysis, with the ability to independently resolve differences in contractual terms and forms.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, progressing multiple transactions to satisfactory completion simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teaming skills to maintain effective working relationships with internal clients and consultants, and external customers, agents, and vendors.
- Ability to appropriately balance legal and business risks while complying with very short turnaround cycles.
- Knowledge of the telecommunications industry, wireless industry experience.
- Experience with reseller/indirect channels and related issues.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.