Position: Counsel, Business Services Reports to: Deputy General Counsel - General Operations Seeking attorney possessing a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in customer-facing commercial transactions from the telecommunications, technology, or B2B sales industries.Job Description:Major Responsibilities:
The Counsel, Business Services will be responsible for providing guidance, direction, and assistance to Comcast Business, particularly with respect to its sales to customers, and the development and introduction of new product lines. Position responsibilities include negotiation of various agreements and transactions with business clients and vendors, and advising on issues including market entry and antitrust issues.Additional Responsibilities - General Duties within Comcast Law Department:
- Provides legal counsel and support to one or more business units and/or the corporate headquarters. Counsels on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Provides leadership in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty.
- Engages and directs outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- Leads and provides guidance to legal staff including junior Attorneys, Paralegals, Contract Specialists and administrative staff, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Law Degree from Top Tier Law School.
- In good standing with a state bar (preferably Pennsylvania).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience, including experience in telecommunications, media, technology, software, or any innovative business-to-business sales industry. Law firm experience and experience in-house, especially small-to-midsized corporate law departments preferred.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
- Understanding of risk assessment and analysis within the context of a growing, innovative technology industry.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Ability to work build, mentor, and lead an effective and business-oriented team of attorneys and non-attorneys.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Education:Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary
on our careers site for more details.