Who We Are
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have created some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are incredibly proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to create our unique culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to our core tenets of creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide a great place to come to work each day to pursue your passions.The Challenge
The selected candidate will be responsible for business affairs legal work for a dynamic entertainment company and will work closely with internal business clients and senior in-house counsel. This position will negotiate, draft, and track a high-volume of legal agreements relating to entertainment, technology, intellectual property and related matters.What You’ll Take On
What You Bring
- Draft, analyze and negotiate commercial agreements for all aspects of entertainment content creation, production, marketing and distribution.
- Structure and analyze deals within a matrix of rights held by third parties, such as content distributors, hardware manufacturers, sports leagues, record labels, music publishers, actors and other talent, technology licensors, software developers, entertainment companies, advertising agencies, ancillary merchandise vendors, data analytics providers, information technology vendors and similar entities.
- Advise internal clients regarding general business and contract issues, as well as copyright, technology, corporate, regulatory and related matters.
- Provide day-to-day legal and business affairs counsel to highly creative business units.
- Assess risks associated with highly complex legal issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as part of the Legal team helping Take-Two’s publishing labels create the most innovative and creative products in the most efficient way possible.
- 4-7 years of in-house or law firm experience.
- Expertise in contracting issues, with excellent drafting skills.
- Experience with content creation, production, clearance, marketing and distribution.
- Experience with software and technology licensing and development.
- Significant corporate experience with a strong desire to transition to entertainment and technology matters.
- Must have ability to evaluate complex agreements and issues, and effectively distill information for clients.
- Must possess common sense, patience, good humor, and a commitment to teamwork.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and multi-task in a hectic, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the videogame industry is a plus
- Remains calm and confident despite deadlines and challenging priorities.
- Admitted and in good standing with an applicable state bar.