Corteva Agriscience is hiring Counsel – Employee Benefits and Privacy, reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate Affairs. This position will be responsible for providing legal counsel to the Human Resources/Global Rewards Function of Corteva and to the company’s Chief Privacy Officer, along with other duties.
- Provide advice and counsel relating to benefit plan policy and design, drafting, and interpretation for company’s tax-qualified plans (pension, 401(k)), non-qualified plans (pension restoration, deferred compensation), executive compensation program, and welfare plans (medical, life, severance). Knowledge of pension de-risking and investment issues a plus.
- Advise on fiduciary issues including settlor/fiduciary duties, plan governance and investment oversight. Serve as Secretary for benefit plan fiduciary investment and administrative committees.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Provide subject matter support for M&A transactions, including but not limited to plan asset transfers, service crediting, and data transfer.
- Provide subject matter support for benefits litigation.
- Provide advice and counsel to Chief Privacy Officer on global data security policies and processes, Privacy by Design, privacy implications for commercial and vendor agreements, data analytics and cookies and digital marketing. Lead collaboration of global legal privacy team to support advice on global legal developments.
- Advise on data security issues, including incident response policy and monitoring and surveillance issues.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school. CIPP certification or willingness to pursue a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in employee benefits and privacy law.
- Excellent people skills, positive attitude and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate legal and complex issues verbally and in writing in a clear and understandable manner to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and focus on critical priorities independently; excellent judgment and ability to quickly adapt in fast changing environment.
- Experience with all aspects of ERISA, HIPAA, and tax laws governing employee benefit programs. Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA, and global privacy regulatory structure a plus.
- Impeccable integrity.
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.