Own all legal aspects of Mergers & Acquisitions for the Nation’s Leading Provider of Home Care Services
Home Care Assistance is the largest and fastest-growing provider of premium “aging in home” services. We offer concierge-level care management and in-home assistance to seniors through 56 owned and 100 franchised sites that are strategically located in large, affluent markets throughout the United States. Core tenets of our holistic approach are based on the lifestyles of the longest-living people in the world and promote a healthy mind, body, and spirit.
We founded the company in 2005 as a passion project to help our own family members “age in place” in the comfort of their own homes. We quickly realized the home care market was fragmented and old-fashioned, so we expanded our presence via a franchise expansion strategy to over 100 markets in the U.S., Canada, and Australia.
Today, we have thousands of clients and have become the market leader in this fast-growing $25 Billion industry.
We are unique in that we are the only at-scale, national provider of private pay, non-medical care with an owned-store strategy. With plans to aggressively expand our owned-store footprint, there is tremendous opportunity to build a lasting and valuable company – and we’re just getting started.Role Overview:
Reporting to the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, as Corporate Counsel, your mission will be to support the Company’s Legal department with specific emphasis on Corporate Development Department / Mergers & Acquisitions across the country. We will look to you to manage all stages of the M&A lifecycle with limited supervision, including preparing purchase agreements, reviewing diligence, negotiating agreements, advising on regulatory considerations, and assisting with post-deal integration issues.
In addition to your M&A activities, you will also play a key role in supporting the legal department as a whole. This will include providing legal support with leases, commercial contracts, employment laws, and other legal issues that may arise throughout the organization.
You’ll join a small and talented Legal department that includes your manager and an Assistant General Counsel. The Compliance team is combined with Legal, so you will also interact with colleagues from that group as well. You will also serve as the legal ambassador to Integration support after a transaction closes.Role SpecificsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Additionally, your key responsibilities will be to
The Ideal CandidateThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have
- Support and advise the General Counsel on strategic and/or business risks associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Provide advice and counsel to the General Counsel related to late-stage startup issues, including securities, private equity and finance.
- Support the legal team in a variety of general legal functions, including commercial transactions, leases, privacy, marketing/advertising, regulatory, employment, and intellectual property issues.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and industry guidance that impact the Company’s agreements and business practice.
- Prepare, implement, and refine form documents and department processes and procedures.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- 7+ years’ recent legal experience in corporate transactions / M&A, preferably in-house corporate experience required
- J.D. and member in good standing of the States of California, Florida, New Jersey or New York.
- Strong academic credentials from a top-rated accredited law school.
- Good business acumen with an ability to balance legal risks and business objectives.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish a rapport and working relationship with business managers in order to encourage and continue the proactive use of in-house legal counsel.
- Comfort level working in a remote environment; 20% travel required.
- The ability to enjoy a fast-paced environment, self-starter mentality, resourceful and passionate about solving problems.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- A creative work ethic and an innovative, open mind to finding and executing new solutions.
- Proven ability to create efficiencies and limit risk throughout the organization.
- Experience in a public company or a firm that has dealt with Securities would be an advantage.
HCA requires all internal employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment subject to applicable law concerning exemptions/accommodationsYour core competencies should include
- Good Judgement.
- Ethical and Professional Conduct.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Drafting and Negotiating Agreements.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Business Acumen.
- Time Management.
- Flexible and Adaptable.
- Results-oriented / Ambitious.
To excel in this role, you will possess the ability to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing environment. You’ll need to be able to hit the ground running and manage multiple deals by leveraging your strong prioritization skills and ability to remain calm under pressure.
We understand that there will be a learning curve as you get up to speed on our processes and procedures. Once you get the hang of that, you can begin to make an impact right away! Your manager promotes a transparent and collaborative environment where communication is key, and we’re seeking a professional who can mesh well with this style.
Additionally, to truly find success here, you’ll need to possess excellent negotiating skills and the ability to influence and educate others with confidence.