Salesforce seeks to hire a proactive, business-oriented, and tech-savvy attorney to serve as counsel to the infrastructure, and platform engineering teams at Salesforce. This role will provide day to day counsel on legal issues impacting the engineering, architecture, compliance, and operation of products and services built by Infrastructure Engineering teams. This attorney will also directly counsel engineers, developers, compliance professionals, and product managers on issues related to data usage, security, privacy, intellectual property, open source software, and commercial and government contract compliance issues.
Using a broad knowledge base to assess and mitigate risk, you will bring together cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with relevant legal and compliance standards. You will also play an important role in shaping policies and processes to help the Legal Department scale as Salesforce continues to grow, and drive important compliance initiatives relating to product development, privacy, and data protection.
This exciting position can be based in New York, Indianapolis, Bellevue, Reston, or Atlanta.Responsibilities:
- Serve as a partner to the business and trusted counsel to executives, product managers, and engineers to ensure that Salesforce products, services, and infrastructure are enterprise-ready and comply with applicable laws, including privacy regulations and applicable security controls.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the business and across the Legal Department to vet new products, features, data flows, business models, and integrations before release in order to confirm each meets our customers’ expectations (we are focused on our customers’ success), complies with our sales model and applicable laws, and properly incorporates, or integrates with, any third party components or external products/systems, to efficiently facilitate product development while mitigating legal risk.
- Stay up to date on and effectively communicate new legal developments and product-specific regulations and help ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Work with the commercial legal team globally to facilitate the negotiation of product-specific terms with customers and suppliers.
- Develop and deliver training and communications relating to product development, as well as, document counseling decisions and help organize and drive legal processes.
- Juris Doctor degree and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction required 5+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably in the technology industry, relevant transactional or cloud technology counseling experience (SaaS deployment model experience preferred) is a plus.
- High work quality and ability to resolve time-sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal clients and enable business goals.
- Sound and practical business judgment. Comfortable as the primary legal adviser to multiple product and engineering groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and confident team player with the ability to learn quickly, identify and resolve legal and business issues decisively, drive projects, and earn the confidence of your business Partners.
- Driven and action oriented, able to jump in when there is an issue that needs addressing, but also comfortable seeking out the expertise and assistance of others when necessary.
- Impeccable integrity, strong analytical skills, and a keen sense of humor.
- Experience in the areas of intellectual property, privacy, or data protection is a plus.