Why You'll Love This Job //
The Corporate Attorney assists in leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. This person will have daily oversight responsibility for negotiation of contracts, management of employee relations issues and privacy compliance, among other things. Our ideal candidate must be able to partner seamlessly with the business teams of the respective agencies and be willing to work within a fast-paced environment where extensive legal knowledge, coupled with creativity and the ability to problem solve in a variety of disciplines, are the keys to success. This person will have a highly collaborative attitude and a commitment to supporting our operational teams who are creating outstanding work for the clients of these respective agencies.Team Overview //
GMR’s Legal and Risk team is department is comprised of a team of professionals to include attorneys, paralegals and compliance management that is a solutions center. The Legal and Risk team partners with the agency to help manage risk and provide legal and practical advice and solutions to the agency and related companies on matters of contracts, risk, insurance, employment law and related matters.
Your Impact //
- Identifies and addresses legal issues involved in the planning, development and execution of busines projects and marketing plans.
- Ensures legal compliance: drafts, negotiates and reviews contracts with clients, vendors and other third parties including contracts related to production, co-productions, licensing, service agreements, social/influencer agreements, talent agreements and rights agreements.
- Work across departments to provide legal advice and counseling on a wide variety of matters, including contracts, intellectual property, commercial transactions, advertising and marketing law matters, licensing arrangements and employment law.
- Assist with legal claims and overall risk management for the agencies to include employment claims.
- Prepares and implements policies and practices in response to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Confers with Senior Counsel and secures input and advice.
- Prepares and maintains template documentation and negotiation guidelines.
- Prepare and provide training on various legal matters internally.
- Partner with GMR legal and risk team on legal matters involving the OEG Worldwide.
- Performs all other related duties as requested.
What We're Looking for //
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school.
- Active license to practice law.
- Minimum of six to ten years of legal experience to include solid firm experience and as in-house legal experience. Experience in advertising, entertainment, content production and employment law would be highly valuable in this position.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective and to exercise influence in a complex organization; exercising sound strategic, legal and business judgment in challenging situations; independent and proactive.
- Exceptional legal drafting and analytical skills related to entertainment IP rights and licenses.
- Must be a strategic, big picture thinker who understands, appreciates and can appropriately balance legal, business and creative objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and pragmatic legal judgment.
- High degree of flexibility and availability to travel as needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including SharePoint and Teams.
Working Conditions //
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls, talk and hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, and occasionally reach above shoulders. Some crouching, kneeling and lifting 30 lbs. unassisted required for shipping of program materials. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.