About Dorilton Capital:
We prefer to create value over the long term by reinventing cash flow while avoiding excessive leverage.Partnership
We work actively with existing management teams recognizing that long-term business success is the result of a team effort. Dorilton views its role as providing additional capital for acquisitions and growth projects and support and expertise to take its companies to the next level.Continuity
We partner with companies that are led by strong management teams and have a successful history and culture. We firmly believe in our companies continuing with the elements that made them successful.About the Role:
The Corporate Counsel will be responsible for a broad range of real estate, corporate and commercial law matters for Dorilton Capital and all of our portfolio companies. This role presents an opportunity to join a full-service legal department in a rapidly growing private equity firm. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with various stakeholders at Dorilton Capital and throughout our portfolio.
The right person for this role is a true self-starter who understands business objectives and can effectively manage and resolve simultaneously-occurring legal matters. The individual is also a creative problem-solver with a great attitude and a client-service oriented approach.Responsibilities:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our portfolio companies and provide practical and business-oriented legal advice and counseling on real estate legal matters and a broad range of commercial matters, including: corporate governance, commercial contracts, commercial diligence, strategy and integration in connection with M&A transactions.
- Provide support to Assistant General Counsel – Real Estate on real estate and related matters for Dorilton Capital and our portfolio companies.
- Prepare, review and negotiate commercial lease documents including amendments, renewals, estoppels and assignments.
- Prepare, review and negotiate wide variety of real estate facilities service and vendor contracts.
- Support M&A transactional activity, including real estate diligence and preparation of real estate related ancillary transaction documents.
- Manage and provide support with real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, land use, and commercial development related matters.
- Manage real estate related litigation, including responding to attorney demand letters, effectively negotiating resolution of claims, etc.
- Actively monitor real estate law changes. Ensure on-going compliance with current and pending legal regulation.
- Prepare, review and negotiate broad range of commercial contracts, including MSAs, Subcontractor Agreements, etc., on behalf of all our portfolio companies.
- Prepare and implement standard contract forms on behalf of our portfolio companies.
- Work closely with other attorneys in legal department on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters in connection with corporate and portfolio-level initiatives and projects.
- Juris Doctor Degree
- Admitted to a state bar (NY preferred)
- At least 4-6 years of a mixture of relevant experience in a top-tier law firm, a corporate legal department and/or a private equity firm
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to engage effectively with landlords and their advisors
- Proactive, strong attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks
- You have a desire to grow your practice and legal knowledge into new areas of law
- You enjoy challenges, facing a wide variety of sometimes novel agreements and matters and creating and implementing processes to improve those agreements and matters
- Pleasant, diplomatic disposition, sense of humor, ability to adapt, and team approach within a collaborative legal department
- Enjoy working in a fast-growing, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Some travel may be required
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.