Salesforce seeks to hire a proactive, business-oriented, and tech-savvy attorney to serve as Saas, IaaS and PaaS counsel to the security, infrastructure and platform engineering teams at Salesforce. This role will provide day to day counsel for engineering build, architecture, compliance and operations within the Engineering, Infrastructure and Security teams. This attorney will directly counsel engineers, developers, compliance professionals and product managers relating to managing the application foundation for all of Salesforce’s products. The role will manage strategic initiatives, as well as, data usage, security, privacy, intellectual property, open source, commercial contract and government contract compliance issues.
Using a broad knowledge base to assess and mitigate risk, you will bring together cross-functional teams to ensure alignment and compliance. You will also play an important role in shaping policies and processes to help the Legal Department scale as Salesforce continues to grow, and to drive important compliance initiatives relating to product development, privacy, and data protection.
This exciting position can be based in Indianapolis, Reston, Atlanta, or Bellevue.
- Serve as a partner in the business and trusted counsel to executives, product managers, and engineers to ensure that Salesforce products, services and infrastructure are enterprise-ready and comply with applicable laws, including privacy regulations and applicable security controls
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the business and across the Legal Department to vet new products, features, data flows, business models, and integrations before they are released to confirm each meets our customers’ expectations (we are focused on our customers’ success), complies with our sales model and applicable laws, and properly incorporates, or integrates with, any third party components, or external products/systems to efficiently facilitate product development and launch while mitigating legal risk
- Stay up to date on and effectively communicate new legal developments and product- specific regulations and help ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements
- Review and negotiate complex agreements with service providers and technology partners, as well as, advise executive leadership and product management on such transactions
- Draft clear, consistent disclosures and terms to enable our customers to make informed choices about their privacy, data security, and use of Salesforce’s products
- Work with the commercial legal team globally to facilitate the negotiation of product-specific terms with customers and suppliers
- Develop and deliver training and communications relating to product development, as well as, document counseling and help organize and drive legal processes
- Juris Doctor degree and admitted to practice in at least one US jurisdiction required 5+ years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department, preferably in the technology industry, with significant relevant transactional and cloud technology counseling experience (SaaS deployment model experience preferred)
- Familiar with key regulatory requirements in the SaaS/Paas/IaaS space, including privacy, data protection and security issues
- High work quality and precision, and able to resolve time-sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal clients and enable business goals
- Sound and practical business judgment. Comfortable as the primary legal adviser to multiple product and engineering groups in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and confident team player with the ability to learn quickly, identify and resolve legal and business issues decisively, drive projects and earn the confidence of your business Partners
- Driven and action oriented, able to jump in when there is an issue that needs addressing, but we are also comfortable relying on the expertise and assistance of others when necessary
- Impeccable integrity, strong analytical skills, and a keen sense of humor
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent experience