We are looking for skilled and motivated attorneys with a passion and curiosity for technology to join the Azure legal team in Microsoft’s Corporate External and Legal Affairs (CELA) team to serve as trusted advisors for the Azure for Operators and Azure Edge + Platform (E+P) engineering and business organizations.
Azure’s core priority is to be world's most trusted, secure, and global cloud and a great place for people to work. Azure for Operators helps mobile operators take advantage of the innovation unleashed by the introduction of technologies such as 5G, software defined networking and network function virtualization, private 5G networks, edge compute and the next generation Internet of Things. The Azure E+P team builds Azure-based products and services, in addition to its critical role in building and securing the operating system platforms used by over a billion users world-wide.
These attorney roles will include a broad and varied portfolio of legal work spanning multiple international jurisdictions, counseling on privacy, compliance and transactional support for product engineering and business development teams, together with work on important strategic projects and initiatives. This is your opportunity to join Microsoft to influence the way people around the world interact with technology and be a part of global technological evolution.Responsibilities:
Legal Advice and Counsel
- Drive deep engagement as “front-line” legal counsel with business clients in the Azure for Operators and Azure E+P global teams to understand technical engineering concepts and strategy
- Provide high-quality, pragmatic legal and business advice regarding a wide range of issues, including general product development, security, privacy/data protection, trade, marketing, accessibility, regulatory compliance (including telecom compliance in the Azure for Operators role), and intellectual property
- Provide thought leadership and counseling on emerging issues
- Demonstrate strong planning and organization skills, including proven ability to think strategically, help create and execute on plans to achieve both short-term and long-term results, and communicate with key legal and business stakeholders
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge and experience of advising in the areas of privacy and data protection and regulatory compliance
- Analyze and work to solve complex and cutting-edge issues
- Act as “front-line” legal counsel to a variety of business and engineering client groups
- Work effectively with colleagues within the Cloud + AI CELA organization and across CELA on projects and initiatives
- Draft and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts with a technology focus
Qualifications:Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop and implement processes, templates and best practices, track projects and share knowledge across the wider Microsoft legal community
- The above description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary.
- Working knowledge and experience supporting engineering and business teams, with a focus in technology and data uses
- Proven track record of excellent teamwork and collaboration across geographies and time-zones, ideally in the context of working for a US technology company
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Love of technology and the desire to work with fun people
- JD or equivalent degree from an accredited law school
- Active member of the bar in at least one state in the United States
- 4 years minimum of experience as a practicing attorney