Ideal candidate would have extensive knowledge of global privacy and data protection laws, regulations and self-regulatory guidance. Specific experience working as a privacy and security lawyer in-house or in private practice is a plus. Candidate will handle a diverse portfolio of products and services including but not limited to Cloud, Ad Tech, Marketing, Consulting, Hardware, ERP and Support. Technical security education or experience is not required but looked upon favorably. Admission to practice in the US required.Expected tasks include:
Detailed Description and Job Requirements:
- evaluating new or evolving product use cases from a privacy perspective across a broad product portfolio
- collaborating with internal groups on a variety of internal projects, including cloud hosting operations, global information security, global business practices, product management, marketing and human resources
- evaluating product development initiatives to ensure compliance with privacy-by-design and security-by-design principles
- participating in due diligence in connection with corporate acquisitions
- responding to inquiries from government and industry regulators
- assisting in drafting commercial contracts, partner agreements, and internal and external privacy and information security policies.
Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
Responsible for providing legal advice to the organization. Close liaison to business in providing a variety of corporate and commercial legal services. May perform litigation on Oracle's behalf or coordinates litigation and other legal, administrative or investigative actions handled by outside counsel. May draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers, including licensing agreements, professional services agreements, and cloud services agreements. May advise on legal issues involving government and regulatory compliance. Responds to ad hoc queries to include identification, analysis, and evaluation of risks in order to provide appropriate legal solutions. Works closely with other lawyers throughout Oracle and coordinates legal matters handled by outside lawyers. Demonstrates deep general commercial or functional knowledge across a sub discipline within the individual's specialty area(s), (e.g., general corporate law, antitrust/competition law, securities compliance and regulatory, employment law, immigration law, cloud transactions, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management, intellectual property, trade secrets, advertising law, registration and other resolutions specific to the computer and technology industry)
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5+ years related experience. Bachelors degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar background is a plus for roles within certain sub disciplines. Completed law degree and member of bar association in relevant jurisdictions. Excellent legal skills and business judgment in areas of responsibility. Proficient writing skills.