Do you want to work on exciting, cutting edge legal issues and help shape the face of Amazon’s newest products and services? Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a regulatory and privacy attorney to support our rapidly growing and evolving Consumer Devices business. You will work directly with product teams on some of our newest and most innovative projects, providing advice on privacy, security, accessibility, marketing, and other product compliance matters. Your role will also include supporting a variety of stakeholders, including marketing, public relations and public policy teams.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. A background in consumer product regulatory work, including privacy and marketing, is not required but is extremely helpful.
- Strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in one state bar.
- 5+ years of legal experience, preferably with some portion of that experience in privacy or consumer products regulatory.
- 3+ years experience in a top national or international law firm is required.
- A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
- Product, Privacy and regulatory experience is extremely helpful
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor