We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help you grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think this open position is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
At nCino we are dedicated to creating software that is changing the banking industry by helping bankers lend with confidence, efficiency, and transparency and better engage with their customers. In support of this growth, we are seeking a transactional attorney with experience negotiating commercial transactions. This position will report to the company’s Chief Legal Officer.
- Negotiate, draft, analyze and close a wide variety of commercial contracts including master SaaS agreements, statements of work/professional services agreements, partner/reseller agreements, product integration agreements, vendor/procurement agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc. under the direct guidance of senior staff.
- Provide legal advice and support for internal functions, particularly sales, but including professional services, human resources, marketing, finance, support and IT at all levels of the organization
- Support the continuous improvement of templates, alternate language playbook, internal resource documents, etc.
- Train employees on legal issues, best practices and company policies
- Help build and strengthen communication and relationships between the legal department and other departments
- Complete special projects as requested
- 0 - 2 years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Expertise in contract law, with a strong attention to detail
- Hard-working, well-organized, seasoned and balanced business judgment, able to handle a great deal of responsibility without substantial supervision, and able to manage multiple competing priorities under deadline pressure
- Excellent customer service (internal and external) and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters with a team-player attitude
- Excellent sense of humor, project management skills and commitment to professionalism are required
- Candidate must have a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and be a member in good standing of a state bar
- Familiarity with the financial services industry, Saas, trademarks, intellectual property, data privacy laws and regulations and SalesForce a plus
- If you thrive in a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment, we invite you to share your passion, ideas and excitement at nCino.
nCino provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetics or other protected groups. In addition to federal law requirements, nCino complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.