VP / General Counsel
The Corporate Counsel is an integral part of the Electro Rent legal team and will be primarily engaged transactional work but may also handle a wide range of legal matters including corporate governance, intellectual property, compliance, and litigation support. The Corporate Counsel is based in West Hills, CA and reports directly to the General Counsel. The ideal candidate will have In-house experience, be highly organized, and capable of working well both individually and as part of a team. Candidates with initiative will be highly sought after.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Consistent and regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
Contract /Transactional Matters
- Prepare, review, negotiate, and interpret contracts (including service agreements, consulting agreements, vendor agreements, and NDA’s), and suggest potential solutions ensuring business needs and priorities are met while minimizing risks
- Organize, manage, and maintain contract library (both electronic and paper-based files) to include contract templates and forms, and commonly used RFP/RFQ responses, and other reference materials to streamline contract processes
- Communicate effectively and professionally with team members at all levels (including management and executive leadership)
- Resolve routine legal and contract issues.
- Conduct Secretary of State searches, perform legal research, and analyze law sources such as statutes, case law, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, etc.
Corporate Governance & Administration
- Maintain and update all legal files
- Assist in fulfilling corporate secretarial duties, including maintaining corporate minute books and other business records, preparing in compilation of board and committee materials, and coordinate approvals and signatures of documents
Litigation Management & Support
- Coordinate, gather, and organize facts and documents for discovery responses or administrative actions, which will involve working with internal business clients and outside legal counsel
- Monitor and track all case deadlines
- File and retrieve documents on state and federal court databases
- Manage subpoena responses
- Help prepare legal pleadings
- Assist the Marketing department in copyright and trademark review
- Manage and track intellectual property registrations
- Assist outside counsel in gathering required samples and information
- Assist with compliance procedures (Privacy/GDPR/PCI/FCPA)
- Maintain compliance logs and manage related tasks
- Receive and process all Legal Department correspondence
- JD or LLB from accredited (CA or ABA) US institution
- California Law License
- Minimum of 1 year prior legal experience (In-house or Law Firm)
- Strong preference for at least 2 years of In-house experience
- Broad knowledge and skills such as attention to detail, time management, organization, business acumen, keen observation, and communication
- Excellent problem-solving with verbal and written communication skills
- Have a high proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Electro Rent is the largest, most comprehensive test and measurement equipment services provider for market-leading customers around the world. We are focused on delivering outstanding service for customers across a broad range of industries including Aerospace/Defense, Telecommunications, Mobile/Computing, Power & Industrial, Automotive, Medical, Education, New Space, Data Products Rental and more. With $1.1 billion of inventory, immediate shipping to over 100 countries, and a world-class accredited calibration and repair lab, our team of experts solve tough technical and financial challenges related to testing.