Independence Realty Trust (IRT - NYSE) is a fully integrated real estate company, currently managing over 16,000 multi-family units, 58 communities, in 17 markets. IRT has a strong commitment to hiring the most talented industry professionals making the Company one of the most respected and trusted within our industry. To research us in more detail, visit www.irtliving.com.
Reporting the the General Counsel, we're seeking a Corporate Counsel in our Philadelphia, PA headquarters.Brief overview of the opportunity:
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts including NDAs, Service Agreements, Construction Contracts, Saas Subscription Agreements with a focus on privacy laws, indemnification and insurance provisions.
- Handle all pre-litigation claims and handle or oversee litigation matters involving personal injury, EEOC complaints, worker’s compensation, fair housing complaints, construction claims, and liens.
- Draft demand letters, complaints and pleadings, attend mediations and negotiate settlements.
- Research and advise on legal issues regarding fair housing, multi-family property operation, license and permit requirements and eviction laws.
- Draft corporate policies and procedures/oversee compliance of such policies.
- Handle real estate related matters including condemnation proceedings, easement agreements, etc.
- The most applicable candidates will possess between 5-10 years experience overall.
- Previous experience overseeing similar responsibilities within a similar industry a plus.
- Prior in-house experience is a plus.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Bonus Opportunities
- Stock Awards
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- BCBS PPO Health Insurance
- 401k with 4% match
Independence Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes