Moss Adams brings more West to business. More than a location, it’s a way of doing business in which innovation thrives and optimism abounds. At Moss Adams, we’re excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. We provide the world’s most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Introduction to the team
Moss Adams is looking for a Corporate Counsel candidate to focus primarily on drafting and negotiating client-facing contracts and related documents. The Corporate Counsel will play a key niche role within the Moss Adams Legal Department by efficiently and effectively reviewing, revising, and negotiating a large volume of standard contract matters on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have substantial contracting experience and a desire to focus their time almost exclusively on contract matters.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Review requests for proposals to identify and respond to legal issues, including reviewing and revising related services agreements
- Serve as a key resource in assisting proposal drafters to respond to requests for proposals
- Draft, review, and revise contracts, with a focus on client-facing contracts and related documents such as: nondisclosure agreements, professional services agreements, data privacy and security agreements, and business associate agreements
- Work with firm personnel to ensure contracts appropriately address business needs and legal issues
- Negotiate and finalize contract terms with current and prospective clients and attorneys
- Interface with IT Security and business units in responding to data processing agreements and security questionnaires
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate degrees required
- Licensed or willingness to become licensed in Washington state
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required; experience in a professional services environment strongly preferred
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle a high volume of contracts with competing deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and generate practical solutions
- Highly developed writing, editing and drafting skills that apply across all areas of contract focus
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 5%