As a Corporate Counsel, you are highly skilled at software licensing and SaaS agreements, as well as with supporting sales efforts with respect to those agreements. You are an excellent communicator, able to bond with sales persons and customer personnel alike, use good judgment related to contractual and operational risks and to drive a deal to closure. You will draft and negotiate all manner of contracts related to a software and SaaS company as an integral part of the sales deal flow.
- Must have a law degree from an ABA-approved law school.
- Must be an active member in good standing of the New Jersey bar or willing to become licensed within six months, either with a full license or pursuant to Rule 1:27-2 of the Rules Governing the Courts of the State of New Jersey.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with a large, national or global law firm.
- Must have 5+ years of dedicated software licensing sales or SaaS sales support, including negotiation of relevant sales agreements. Procurement experience will not be considered towards meeting this requirement.
- Experience with customers in the pharma or medical device manufacturing industries is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses, especially with sales personnel.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements on behalf of Sparta Systems.
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues.
- Advising management executives within the company.
- Working with and alongside other departments within the company
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different agreements and provisions within the agreements.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Reviewing sales collateral and advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Providing training to company personnel on legal topics.
Founded in 1994, Sparta Systems is the world’s premier provider of cloud and on-premise quality management software. We offer the solutions, analytics, and expertise that speed up quality and compliance. Companies in life sciences, consumer products, discrete manufacturing and more, rely on Sparta.
Sparta Systems Offers:
- Competitive salaries
- 401k and great benefits package
- An outstanding collaborative work environment in our state of the art facility
- Employee engagement programs such as Sparta Gives Back, Wellness, Spirit Committee, etc.
- An opportunity to work for the world's premier provider of cloud and on-premise quality management software
Sparta Systems, Inc. is the industry leader for global enterprise quality management solutions (EQMS) and compliance management systems. Its TrackWise Enterprise Quality Management Software is a web-based software application used by quality, manufacturing, and regulatory affairs professionals to manage quality and compliance issues across the enterprise. We have an extensive customer base in the life sciences and other highly regulated industries. Sparta Systems offers its customers a complete solution for global quality management needs, including the onsite support required throughout the project lifecycle.
Life is short… Work somewhere outstanding… Sparta Systems!
Sparta Systems in an Equal Opportunity Employer with our Headquarters located in Hamilton, NJ
Contact: Christine Stango, Christine.firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-807-5312