About the role:
Chowbus is looking for our first legal hire to contribute to the continued growth and development of the company. This person will work cross-functionally across the leadership team and multiple business units. As Corporate Counsel, this role offers the opportunity to work on unique issues and think creatively about how to solve unique business problems.
The ideal candidate will excel at building rapport and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, prioritizing and understanding and assessing risks across different business areas and legal disciplines.What You’ll Do
- Partner with leadership to offer strategic legal counsel on a wide-range of legal matters
- Act as a business advisor with an entrepreneurial mindset and an ability to generate well-considered, pragmatic solutions to legal and business problems.
- Project manage ongoing outside counsel concerning privacy, litigation, insurance, etc. matters.
- Draft, review, evaluate, summarize, revise and negotiate contracts, including customer and supplier agreements, master supply agreements, non-disclosure agreements, joint development agreements, licensing agreements and employment contracts
- Advise on employment and immigration related matters
- Identify risks and implement appropriate measures to mitigate them
- Provide practical, business-oriented legal advice and solutions on commercial law matters to various business units
What You’ll Need
- 8+ years of legal experience, including in-house experience
- Preferred: Experience working with high-growth and/or technology companies
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- Experience working with leadership across various functions
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.