What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.What you’ll be responsible for:
Under the direction of the Assistant General Counsel - Commercial Transactions, you will play an immediate and direct role in commercial transactional work and marketing, supporting our Sales and Business Development segments, our external marketing efforts and our vendor management team as we offer new products and grow in new markets.What you'll work on:
- Be a trusted partner to Circle’s Operations, Marketing and PR teams and build a strong line of communication.
- Partner with internal marketing and PR teams to counsel and advise on sales and marketing content, including website material, campaigns, new product launches, sales presentations, and press releases.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts with critical vendors.
- Collaborate in the development of marketing and procurement tools to enable the business to run efficiently.
- Support the development and implementation by the Legal team of processes, procedures and metrics to increase the overall effectiveness of the legal services provided to the company.
- Address legal risk in business-centric ways, developing processes to solve problems, strengthening partnerships and advancing opportunities.
- Assist business leaders with contract interpretation and management.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant finance, payments and digital currency space to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound marketing compliance advice.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 6+ of practical, hands-on legal experience.
- Experience negotiating and drafting commercial agreements with strategic vendors in the tech, payments, and/or finance space.
- Experience supporting marketing and sales professionals in reviewing, revising and approving marketing materials from both legal and internal policy perspectives.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, with a focus on Operations, Product and Marketing.
- Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across technology product platforms.
- Both law firm and in-house experience are preferred.
- You are passionate about financial technology and the disruptive potential of cryptocurrency and blockchains, are a team player with a sense of humour, and enjoy learning but also mentoring.
- You are comfortable working in an evolving and growing environment that is prone to changes, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You apply sound, practical business judgment to your legal recommendations, and are creative at solving problems while balancing important legal risks for the business.
- You can work autonomously and independently with minimal guidance but are also comfortable working collaboratively as part of a team.
- You have a JD and active membership in at least one US State Bar.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Macbook preferred.