In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll is looking for a Corporate Counsel to provide legal support to our business in The Americas.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Note: This position can be remote within the US.
- Provide commercial legal advice and support to Kroll’s Governance, Risk, Investigations & Disputes (GRID) practice, primarily in North America, which includes business intelligence and investigations, compliance risk and diligence, information management and governance, restructuring, and expert services.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a range of commercial contracts for the GRID practice, e.g., confidentiality agreements, engagement agreements, vendor agreements, requests for proposal, etc.
- Engage with Kroll’s business, IT, and Compliance to provide legal guidance relating to technology programs impacting the GRID business, including technology development and contract drafting.
- Draft, revise, and maintain template agreements and associated policies and procedures.
- Prepare guidance materials and participate in regular knowledge-sharing opportunities with the practice.
- Counsel practice leaders on legal and risk considerations in the development of new services and products.
- Assist in responding to litigation, disputes, and third-party subpoenas.
- Build trusted relationships with the GRID practice and within the broader Legal, Compliance and Risk Management team.
- Licensed attorney in the United States
- 4+ years corporate / transactional law and commercial contract negotiation experience, including:
- drafting or reviewing complex engagement agreements;
- identifying relevant issues, e.g., indemnification, liability limitations, disclosure, etc.;
- handling multiple concurrent negotiations; and
- managing negotiation escalation and resolution.
- In-house experience in either a professional services firm or software company preferred.
- Experience with technology transactions, including technology development and licensing agreements preferred.
- Experience with public entity contracting preferred.
- Familiarity with data protection laws preferred.
- Confidence in negotiating with sophisticated counterparties, and ability to articulate and defend company positions to achieve timely, successful outcomes.
- Professional and commercial approach to problem solving and strong team ethic.
- Ability and desire to work both collaboratively and autonomously.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Experience working with diverse teams and a global organization.
- Comfort working with the Microsoft suite of tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and OneNote required; working knowledge of SharePoint and Teams preferred.