Sorry! This position is no longer available!
Description & Requirements:
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc., a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry, is hiring a Corporate Counsel to join its growing Legal Department. This position will be responsible for drafting and negotiating complex software and services contracts with financial institution customers. This position will be part of a team of contract negotiators who are responsible for partnering with the Sales Department in closing agreements for “core” software systems that are used by community banks and credit unions. The position will draw upon the communication, organizational, and collaborative skills of the successful candidate. This position is considered entry-level and provides the opportunity for progression into higher corporate counsel responsibilities. The position will also have a general responsibility of advising management regarding legal rights, obligations, and risks facing the company. If you are interested in this position please apply on or before March 15, 2021.
Jack Henry has multiple offices nationwide and enjoys a culture of challenging work, high ethics, and a desirable work-life balance. This position reports to the Managing Corporate Counsel for Core Transactions and will be part of a 5-member team of Core attorneys.
This position will be based to work only out of the following Jack Henry office locations: Lenexa, KS, or Springfield, MO (Blackman Rd Office).Minimum Qualifications
- Applicants must have a Juris Doctorate degree and must be currently admitted to the state bar of Kansas or Missouri (as applicable based on the JHA office location) and in good standing.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% to travel to other Jack Henry office locations for meetings, training or to attend a professional conference.
- Prior experience drafting and negotiating technology contracts.
- Prior experience as in-house corporate counsel.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Negotiates customer agreements for software and services.
- Prepares, reviews and negotiates various legal instruments and documents, such as contracts, leases, licenses, purchases, real estate, employment, insurance and other agreements.
- Anticipates and guards against legal risks involving the organization.
- Interprets laws, rulings, and regulations, and advises the company on government regulations, and/or legal rights.
- May review and advise the company on statutes, decisions, ordinances, and proposed and existing legislation.
Closing Date: 15th March, 2021