EverCommerce is looking for an ambitious, commercially focused attorney to join its in-house legal team. The role will report to the General Counsel and will be involved with the whole spectrum of the business’ legal and compliance needs, including contract negotiation and management, advising on a variety of commercial and operational issues, policy writing for privacy and other compliance matters, and managing the company’s legal entities.
In this role, you will work closely with the business partners across all levels of the organization to support and help manage risk while driving the scale of EverCommerce’s growth strategy and vision. You will be comfortable working autonomously, learning new things, and making pragmatic decisions in a fast-paced environment. This is a challenging role with plenty of opportunity in an exciting hyper-growth environment.You:
You are seeking a steep learning curve, an opportunity to help build the legal and compliance foundation of a fast-growing technology company and enjoy working hard in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with other like-minded individuals. You love teams and are very service-oriented, but also enjoy putting your head down and getting things done with your headphones on. You are highly self-motivated – someone that can initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance because you have confidence to in your good judgment to ask questions or escalate issues when needed. You are also an effective communicator and a confident, effective and positive negotiator who can focus on important issues, and efficiently bring deals to a favorable close.Key Responsibilities:
Expectations of You:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements with customers, vendors, partners and other third parties, including technology and software licensing, reseller, master services agreements and related scopes of work, NDAs, BAAs, consulting, vendor and procurement, marketing, product development and support and maintenance agreements;
- Developing and maintaining standard contract templates, terms of service, privacy policies and other forms and driving efficiencies in the contracting process;
- Overseeing the day to day operations and administration of EverCommerce’s contracting process, including becoming the subject matter expert of EverCommerce’s contracts management system;
- Identifying and analyzing risks and delivering practical, creative solutions to the business issues and regulatory issues faced by EverCommerce companies, ensuring compliance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations related to privacy and security, fraud and abuse, ONC certification and other related matters.
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with a wide variety of management at both EverCommerce and its subsidiaries throughout the US, Canada and growing list of other foreign locations.
What You Have:
- Ability and ambition to learn quickly
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter; you must think creatively and be highly motivated and focused
- You expect to meet and exceed every goal
- You operate at the highest level of excellence with enthusiasm
- You’re a relationship builder who’s committed to providing excellent client service
- You are continually looking for ways to improve processes and support the scale of the business
- You’re unfailingly discreet and able to take care of confidential and often highly sensitive information with the utmost care
- J.D. and licensed to practice in Colorado
- 3-5 years of experience in a recognized law firm and/or in-house position
- Transactional, corporate, and/or technology/software experience preferred
- Healthcare including HIPAA, FCA, AKS experience preferred
- Privacy including CCPA and GDPR experience preferred
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding environment
- Excellent commercial acumen and business judgement
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills — you’re known for your clear messaging in emails and knowledge of how to correctly use a semicolon.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Target Compensation: $130-150K