What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.What you’ll be responsible for:
Building an employment law function from the ground up for an innovative company that is massively scaling in a new and exciting industry. You will partner with the Assistant General Counsel, Corporate Governance and our Talent Team, and will be expected to work on all things employment law inside the company and with our outside counsel as needed.What you'll work on:
- Assisting and advising our Talent Team and senior management in all areas of domestic and international employment law and the employment relationship, including hiring and termination, employee relations, wage and hour, performance management, compensation and benefits, leaves of absence, disability, and internal investigations.
- Designing and building processes and procedures to increase the efficiency of the legal services provided to the company in relation to employment matters.
- Drafting and implementing U.S. and global templates, policies, and procedures, including an employee handbook, while considering private-to-public company requirements.
- Assisting and advising our Talent Team on immigration law issues with the help of outside counsel as needed.
- Playing a key role in helping our company scale globally.
- Assisting our litigation team in any employment-related matters.
- Working with other key stakeholders on a variety of legal processes as needed.
- Keeping current on developments in employment laws and evolving best practices.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Juris Doctor degree and active law license in at least one state in good standing.
- 5+ years of experience practicing employment law (in-house experience preferred).
- Ability to handle a broad range of legal employment matters and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, demanding and transparent environment.
- Experience conducting legal research and applying research to business objectives.
- The ability to communicate the analysis in an easily understood work product to senior management.
- Independent and strategic thinking (no job is too small or too large) and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- A team player attitude with a sense of humor, and an enjoyment for learning but also mentoring.
- Ability to learn quickly and support new areas of business and technology.
- Strong development of business partnerships, interpersonal skills, and work ethic.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with (i) immigration law, (ii) employee benefits and (ii) data privacy and protection laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity with cryptocurrency, blockchain, and stablecoin technology.