Radiology Partners is the largest and fastest growing on-site radiology practice in the US. We are an innovative practice focused on transforming how radiologists provide consistently exceptional services to hospitals, imaging centers, referring physicians and patients. With our state-of-the art clinical technology, specialized expertise, access to capital, and retention of top physician talent, Radiology Partners reliably exceeds the expectations of our clients, patients, and partners. We serve our clients with an operational focus, and, above all, a commitment to quality patient care. Our mission is To Transform Radiology.Position Summary
Radiology Partners is seeking an experienced Commercial/Payor Contracting attorney to join its busy and growing legal department, working with and in support of its highly experienced business team and attorneys. The legal department is a fast-paced yet highly collaborative environment in which to learn and develop, and reflects the professional, energetic, and supportive culture of Radiology Partners. The Commercial/Payor Contracting attorney will be responsible for preparing, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts and agreements with third parties. The Commercial/Payor Contracting attorney will also provide guidance to Revenue Cycle managers and executives related to payor disputes, physician enrollment questions and disputes, Practice advocacy, and payor contracting negotiations.Position Duties and Responsibilities
Desired Professional Skills and Experience
- Prepare, review, revise and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including equipment, supply, and IT service and support agreements.
- Provide legal support to Radiology Partners’ Revenue Cycle Management and Payor Contracting team, including analyzing payor and billing vendor agreements, preparing letters to payors, advocating on behalf of physicians and the Practice in a variety of forums, analyzing state and federal laws, and providing strategic advice to the Revenue Cycle Management Team on other payor arrangements.
- Build relationships, communicate with and provide legal support to internal clients of the Practice’s legal team and external Practice clients and vendors.
- Develop, enhance and utilize key term checklists to assist with contracting.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve problems.
- Perform legal and business research.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) plus+ years’ experience working in a law firm and/or similar internal legal department
- Admitted to practice law in his/her state of residence
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a high degree of proficiency redlining and marking / tracking changes to contracts during negotiations
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly in a very fast-paced work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive professional demeanor
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other departments across the Practice
- Experience with payor contracting is preferred
Radiology Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in creating and celebrating a culture of belonging and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all teammates.