Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’rean engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.Team:
This is a new role on our growing Legal team. We are seeking a talented, highly motivated, team player to serve at the Corporate Counsel level supporting enterprise sales for ServiceNow. This is a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position and while we would ideally like the candidate to work out of our Waltham, MA office, we are open to remote candidates.What you get to do in this role:
- Review and negotiate complex enterprise customer sales contracts that meet the company’s requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team, including various executives.
- Collaborate with finance, sales operations, deal desk, product operations, support, security and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements adequately protect the company’s interests.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes.
- Be a trusted business partner, responding in a timely and productive manner to requests from internal customers.
- Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Undergraduate degree and law degree from highly-regarded schools
- Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience at a major law firm and in-house, including negotiating technology agreements
- In-house commercial contracting experience dealing with SaaS or software licensing transactions and supporting a sales organization
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations
- Exceptional critical thinking abilities, who possesses strong business acumen and excellent business judgment; must be able to work independently, manage multiple priorities, and pivot between responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to distill complex issues clearly and communicate well both one-on-one and in groups, and in internal and external contexts
- Desire for close collaboration with sales and sales support to close deals efficiently, with a practical approach
- Proficient drafting and legal technical skills, with keen attention to detail
- Firm understanding of revenue recognition principals