H&K is seeking a lawyer with 2+ years corporate, M&A deal or other transactional experience to join our dynamic Representations and Warranties Insurance (RWI) team, one of the largest RWI practices in the country. The RWI team consists of more than a dozen corporate lawyers leading hundreds of underwriting matters and dozens of claims each year. The team counsels transaction parties on the purchase of insurance in conjunction with mergers and acquisitions, advises underwriters in issuing policies and assists insurers in the claims process.
Candidates will review and analyze private M&A transaction documentation and due diligence reports and coordinate with subject matter experts to identify deal risks and issue RWI coverage. Candidates can also expect to develop and cultivate relationships with M&A insurance underwriters and brokers, private equity firms, opposing counsel, and deal principals.
- Ideally, candidates will have understanding of M&A deal process, as well as understanding of transactional legal exposures (warranty breaches, price adjustment mechanisms, litigation, and computation and measure of damages).
- Candidates must be critical thinkers, responsive, organized, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and deal-time pressures.
- Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment are also essential.
- Specific experience with procuring or negotiating representations and warranties insurance on behalf of deal clients is a strong plus.
This is an immediate need. This position is location flexible and candidate may work from any city where H&K has an office. EOE. M/F/D/V.
2+ years experience