About the role
Counsel will be responsible for all Telecom/ICT Regulatory and corresponding compliance matters in the United States and Canada and may also be responsible for providing regulatory support to other countries as allocated (“Region”). Counsel may also serve as a SPOC for a strategic domain/Business Unit.
Counsel will enjoy leadership in the management of all Telecom/ICT Regulatory and corresponding compliance matters within the Region, while aligning closely and interfacing regularly with the other members of the Compliance & Regulatory team as well as the other functions within the Region.
- Provide advice to internal stakeholders on Telecom/ICT Regulatory and corresponding compliance matters within the Region, including, data retention & lawful intercept and telecom license requirements for our services, in co-ordination with relevant team members;
- Provide regulatory advise to internal clients on RFPs, customer contracts and other customers' requests;
- Provide advice on regulatory requirements of the existing Orange Business Services portfolio in the Region and assess regulations applying to new services;
- Advise on and participate in the negotiation of agreements with communication services providers to optimize Orange Business Services operating rights and other interests within the Region;
- Maintain all existing licences, engage internal stakeholder to provide required reporting and process approved license changes within the Region;
- Proactively monitor Telecom/ICT markets regulations’ developments within the Region; and advocate Orange Business Services’ interests Regulatory authorities and agencies within the Region, including participate in expert forums.
- Effectively manage all Telecom/ICT Regulatory authorities and agencies licence compliance requirement, audits, information requests and claims (if any) within the Region, including developing and implementing appropriate risk-mitigation strategies.
- Assist as needed in the implementation of the Orange Business Services Compliance programs within the Region, in co-ordination with Compliance and Compliance counsels.
- Select, liaise with and manage outside counsels within the Region.
Travel within the Region and other international travel may be required on short notice.
- JD degree and a member in good standing with a state bar (preferably, GA, DC or VA)
- minimum of eight (8) years’ experience within a global or regional telecom services provider and/or international law firm of established reputation, with at least 3 years’ experience on telecoms or other ICT regulatory matters in EU and outside of EU.
- In-depth expertise of voice and data electronic communications regulations at least, experience of mobility, IoT, Cybersecurity and/or Cloud environment is an advantage.
- Experience in analyzing services with different layers of processing of different types of electronic communications in different technical configurations across different geographies
- Experience in interacting with regulatory authorities
- Experience in third party-based services provision model.
- Native or equivalent English speaker.
- Academically expert while business-oriented, pro-active, pragmatic and commercial in outlook,
- Excellent communication skills (internally and externally);
- Strong leadership skills;
- Flexible, open to changes, able to anticipate and quick to adapt to a fast-growing, fast-evolving and challenging environment;
- Good team player;
- Works well under pressure.
Closing Date: 5th July, 2021
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.