Since our formation in 1989, we have grown steadily to become one of the country’s largest physician owned anesthesia practices. OAG provides expert anesthesia services at over 40 sites - serving a variety of hospitals, surgical centers, and clinics which stretch from Portland south to Corvallis, Oregon. With over 270 physicians, and growing, plus CRNAs and corporate staff, OAG is uniquely positioned to provide an exciting career opportunity in the healthcare environment that is continually changing.
OAG is an equal opportunity employer supporting an inclusive culture that promotes and values diversity. We have a great opportunity for an experienced Compliance Officer and General Counsel. This unique position actively participates in the OAG Board of Directors meetings providing guidance on compliance and legal issues to all Board members; Leads compliance functions and activities, including administration of OAG’s Compliance Program; Ensures that the OAG Compliance Program, and that of its billing vendor, meet model guidance as published by the Office of Inspector General. Develops and executes annual work plans; Actively participates in the Billing Compliance Committee and oversees the performance of OAG’s billing vendor; Manages and maintains policies and procedures across OAG; Handles compliance investigations and assists the Privacy Officer with potential privacy incidents; and Is OAG’s general counsel and helps assign outside legal work when particular expertise is needed.Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Sr. Compliance Analyst and Privacy Officer
- Compliance Coordinator
- Communications and Practice Advisor
- Identifies billing compliance issues; develops and implements policies, systems, and procedures to assure compliance.
- Leads and participates in OAG’s billing audit process and procedures.
- Monitors work plans, processes and policies to ensure OAG is meeting its regulatory requirements. Keeps all stakeholders informed regarding compliance matters, including routine reports to the Board of Directors. Personally leads, manages and is involved with compliance solutions.
- Manages and administers OAG’s ethics hotline, including the investigation and resolution of allegations of noncompliance.
- Leads the Compliance Department, including direct supervision of Compliance and Privacy program elements handled by Compliance staff.
- Regularly participates in OAG Committee meetings, including presentations on Compliance topics.
- Conducts and/or facilitates compliance training and education through a variety of methods.
- Participates on OAG’s Employee Relations Committee, including participation in employee corrective actions involving policy or regulatory violations.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Provides legal advice to OAG and assists with governance and Risk Management matters.
- Serves as resource and “sounding board” for physician leaders with issues they encounter day to day related to external and internal stakeholders.
- Prepares and/or reviews a wide variety of contracts.
- A strong work history within a medium/large corporate environment as a Compliance Officer is a requirement. Working experience and a highly developed knowledge of current payer reimbursement methods is essential.
- This position requires a law degree and significant experience in the healthcare compliance field, as well as a license to practice law in the State of Oregon. The position requires excellent project management and leadership skills. A solid history of building strong business practices to support the compliance processes within a corporate environment is needed. A thorough knowledge of relevant healthcare state and federal laws as it relates to HIPAA and billing compliance, in particular, is an absolute.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.