This is a great opportunity to join a growing Global Ethics & Compliance team and help implement and sustain Applied Materials’ global compliance program. Based in Santa Clara, CA, Austin, TX, or Chandler, AZ, this will be a critical role reporting into the Senior Director, Ethics & Compliance. This position will be responsible for supporting key compliance initiatives in the United States and globally, including policies and procedures, internal investigations, training, and compliance counseling to the business.Key Responsibilities:
- Work together with the US-based and APAC-based members of the Global Ethics & Compliance team to build and enhance the compliance function.
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to the business regarding regulatory requirements and compliance processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to implement and monitor compliance policies and procedures.
- Build upon and drive awareness around compliance issues across business units, including delivering training and reinforcing compliance expectations.
- Support due diligence and monitoring on third party business partners.
- Conduct and manage internal investigations in coordination with other members of the Global Ethics & Compliance team.
- Prepare and present periodic reports to management.
Law degree (J.D.) from an accredited law school in the U.S. and 3 - 6 years of relevant top-tier law firm experience.
- Experience advising business clients on anti-corruption and other regulatory compliance matters and conducting risk assessments and investigations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable integrity, good judgment, strong analytical skills, flexible, and pragmatic.
- Collaborative by nature and able to build strong partnerships.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage and prioritize a diverse and complex workload. Ability to influence beyond authority in a complex and matrixed organization.
- A passion for compliance and an interest in gaining increasing responsibilities in driving global, enterprise-wide policies and practices.
- Experience supporting and collaborating with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience with import and export compliance matters related to U.S. and international trade regimes strongly preferred.
- Experience in the technology industry strongly preferred.
- Prior in-house experience desirable but not essential.