Zscaler is seeking a talented, experienced, and business-oriented attorney to join its growing Legal team. In this position, you will partner with internal clients (including Sales, Support, Revenue, Product Management, Engineering, and Business Development) in managing and negotiating commercial transactions and performing pre-launch product due diligence reviews. You will be expected to support negotiations with enterprise customers in the Western U.S. and the APJ regions. In addition, you will provide guidance, support and leadership to cross-functional teams worldwide about privacy, data protection, and data security issues.
This is an outstanding opportunity to make a high impact contribution to a growing company on the cutting edge of cloud internet security. This role will require a high degree of self-sufficiency, organizational skills, curiosity about emerging technology, proactive and collaborative approach to problem solving, and ability to enjoy a quick-paced and busy environment. This lawyer will be a part of small, supportive, fun, and friendly team.
- Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including but not limited to SaaS Subscription Agreements, Technology Partnership Agreements, Inbound OEM Agreements, and various other commercial and/or technology licensing agreements;
- Negotiate data processing agreements (DPAs), business associate agreements (BAAs), and other similar agreements directly with customers, partners and vendors to support Zscaler’s sales, operations and compliance obligations;
- Perform regulatory, data privacy, open source, licensing, and other legal due diligence for new products or features before launch;
- Improve and maintain our standard commercial agreements, contract negotiation playbooks and legal processes to help us scale globally;
- Proactively work with internal clients to improve and scale all aspects of the contract negotiation process;
- Advise internal teams to minimize risk while balancing business interests;
- Remain current on applicable laws and regulations surrounding IP, privacy, and security;
- Conduct periodic employee trainings on any or all of the above;
- Manage outside counsel as necessary.
- 3-7 years commercial and/or product experience at a leading law firm, in-house, or preferably a combination thereof;
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law in California or one of the 50 U.S. states;
- Extensive commercial transactions background in technology and SaaS, especially dealing with Sales transactions;
- Familiarity with launching products and advising on the legal and regulatory aspects of product development in the SaaS/software space;
- Prior experience working with large multi-national enterprise customers;
- Experience with Data Privacy and Security issues in the technology space (CCPA, GDPR, etc.);
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines (especially at quarter end);
- Highly organized, process-driven, result-oriented, and client-focused team player;
- Capacity and desire to build trusting business partnership with the internal clients you support.