Koast is looking for an ambitious and talented attorney who wants to leave the world of big law behind to become a part of a rapidly growing legal startup. We have an exciting opportunity to work client side with a variety of cutting-edge technology companies as their go to concierge general counsel/in-house counsel. This position will give you exposure to a variety of legal scenarios, with a focus on commercial transactions and negotiations, and will hone your skills as a true generalist attorney able to advise C-level tech executives on day-to-day legal issues. This position is perfect for those looking to make the transition from big law to in-house, or from specialized in-house counsel to generalist in-house counsel.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience with licensing agreements, technology transactions, and various commercial agreements and will have experience advising on legal issues dealing with intellectual property, data privacy/security, and confidentiality. A background that incorporates a mixture of law firm and in-house experience is preferred.
The role will start as an hourly engagement with the potential to transition to a full-time, salaried position for the right fit.About Koast Law
What You’ll Do:
- Koast provides concierge general counsel services to cutting edge technology and finance companies. Our client list includes over 70+ companies in the hedge fund, private equity, fintech, software, IT, data, hospitality, and professional services industries.
- Koast currently operates as a solo practitioner, but is growing rapidly to keep pace with client demand! While the founder is based in Boston, this attorney will have the flexibility to work on an entirely remote basis. As a virtual law firm, we use technology to bridge the gaps in geography amongst our attorneys and between our attorneys and our clients. As such, the ability to work independently and efficiently, and track your own workflow and deadlines, is a must.
- Koast thrives on the philosophy of interdisciplinary collaboration between law and technology and has a reputation with its clients as being a “jack of all trades” and “master generalist.” Each team member is expected to be challenged, to be resourceful, and tackle novel legal issues that may be outside of their comfort zone.
Requirements:What You’ll Need:
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial and technology agreements with a focus on the following: confidentiality agreements, SaaS agreements, data/intellectual property licenses, supplier/vendor agreements, and contracts for professional services.
- Assess the business and legal risk of contract provisions and effectively and concisely communicate these risks in writing to business teams.
- Research legal questions (related to employment law, intellectual property, data security/privacy, and commercial contract provisions) and provide business-oriented answers or suggestions to business teams.
- JD with an outstanding academic record from a prestigious law school.
- Member in good standing with the State Bar of NY, CA, IL, MA, FL, or TX.
- 3+ years’ experience in transactional law.
- Experience in finance and/or technology industry strongly preferred.
- Must be extremely well versed in commercial contract interpretation with experience drafting, analyzing, and negotiating.
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, and track and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of working independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Track record of learning quickly, taking initiative, working proactively, and being resourceful.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.