How You’ll Support Our Mission
ESO is quickly growing and currently seeking Commercial Counsel who is eager to accelerate their career and skills set as ESO and the legal team expands.
A successful candidate will draft, red line, and negotiate complex software subscription and license agreements directly with customers, partners, and vendors while collaborating effectively with sales, finance, and other teams.
A successful candidate will serve as team lead, mentor, and escalation point for other team members.
A successful candidate will have access to and training for industry setting negotiation techniques, cutting edge contract management software, will serve as a team lead for other team members, and provide input to improve templates, processes, and negotiation play books for a tight-knit high performing team.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel you will be part of our Legal team based in our Austin office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
- Draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of customer agreements, including SAAS subscription, software license, support services, and business associate’s agreements.
- Serve as a team lead and escalation point for other team members.
- Partner with sales, finance, product, and other internal stakeholders to negotiate and close commercial contracts while ensuring the terms comply with corporate directives, policies and procedures.
- Understand the Company and products in order to identify risks, develop innovative solutions, mitigation and negotiation strategies.
- Build out language libraries and special contract terms.
- Provide input with process and contract management systems improvements.
Who You Are - the essentials (Some of the things required to be successful in the role):
- 5+ years negotiating software or SaaS agreements, preferably in Healthcare.
- Juris Doctorate degree at an accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state in the US.
- Excellent negotiator with the ability to see issues from multiple perspectives.
- Clear communication skills with the ability to effectively lead phone conversations.
- Passionate about learning and mentoring.
- Highly motivated, ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- High level of integrity with attention to detail.
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
- Salesforce experience
- DocuSign experience
- Healthcare Industry experience