As Commercial Counsel at 6sense, you will be an integral part of the legal team, in our fast-paced and high-growth organization with terrific customers and a creative, dedicated, fun and talented team.
We are looking for a sharp-minded, enthusiastic, results-oriented and resourceful individual who wants to be part of a close and collaborative legal and compliance team in a dynamic, SaaS-based marketing and analytics company.The Company
6sense’s Account Based Orchestration Platform helps revenue teams compete and win in the age of Account Based Buying by putting the power of AI, big data and machine learning behind every member of the B2B revenue team, empowering them to uncover anonymous buying behavior, prioritize fragmented data to focus on accounts in market, and engage resistant buying teams with personalized, multi-channel, multi-touch campaigns. 6sense helps revenue teams know everything they need to know about their buyers so they can easily do anything they need to do to generate more opportunities, increase deal size, get into opportunities sooner, compete and win more often.Responsibilities
Your Experience And Skills Required
- Assist with customer agreements, working closely with the sales team (at all levels) and our customer base as we grow our pipeline.
- Negotiate NDAs, vendor contracts, consulting agreements, partnership agreements, MSAs, DPAs and other related contracts, and provide strategic advice on behalf of the company.
- Possess a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear and concise advice and creative solutions on timelines to meet business needs
- Potentially support security and privacy team on legal compliance with existing and emerging federal, state, and international privacy laws
- Participating in relevant organizations to maintain up-to-date knowledge in key areas of interest to the company.
- Maintain and update company legal templates and facilitate their consistent use and help coordinate streamlined approaches to legal department management.
- Depending on background and legal department needs, advise on corporate, human resource, marketing, leasing, and other issues as they arise.
- 1-3 years of experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house position relevant to drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and advising on commercial transactions including software as a service inbound/outbound licensing agreements.
- Understanding of commercial and contract law fundamentals, including risk shifting, intellectual property ownership, and fundamentals of licensing.
- Must have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission to and active status in at least one state bar (and eligible to register for California or an applicable State Bar’s in-house counsel program)
- Team player willing to pitch in when/where needed
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships within the organization’s legal department and across all businesses
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
- Self-starter; purpose-driven; willingness to take ownership for a project and drive it to completion
- Strong writing, drafting and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Ability to manage shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving entrepreneurial environment