At A Financial Services Company, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, A Financial Services Company has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
The Policy, Risk and Legal (“PRL”) team at A Financial Services Company works at the intersection of technology and financial services on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic legal solutions. We deal with novel issues every day and work collaboratively across A Financial Services Company’s product, business, operations, risk and policy teams, as well as with our customers and partners.
The PRL team is looking for a Commercial Counsel to focus on our go-to-market deals. In this position, you will partner with existing Legal and Commercial Legal team members and partner with the A Financial Services Company sales, account management, & partnerships teams. We are looking for someone interested in learning about and assisting on a variety of legal matters, including matters relating to data licensing, data security, privacy, patents, trademarks, and open-source software.
What excited you...
- Drafting and negotiating agreements of all types, including complex data licensing agreements, innovative partnership deals, and long-term bank relationships
- Designing, building, and improving legal department processes as we scale
- Collaborating on a wide range of regulatory, privacy, consumer protection, intellectual property, and other legal issues that shape our business and the entire FinTech ecosystem
What excited us...
- 2+ years of experience drafting, negotiating, and advising on a variety of commercial deals such as cloud software sales, reseller agreements, and distribution partnerships
- Experience with privacy, data security, and intellectual property law is a plus
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
- Comfortable navigating complicated and nuanced legal issues
- JD degree preferred but also open to contract and/or paralegal experience