At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are hiring an experienced, talented, and energetic Commercial Counsel to join our expanding commercial legal team and support Lyft’s enterprise sales teams. You will work closely with Lyft’s enterprise sales teams as well as other key business units such as risk and IT security, leading negotiations for sales and partnership contracts with a broad customer base ranging from Fortune 500 companies to nonprofits and governmental agencies.
The successful candidate will be organized, an entrepreneurial and resourceful self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, multifaceted, dynamic environment, excellent at building strong relationships, and passionate about closing the deal.Responsibilities:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements between Lyft and all types of partners, including Fortune 100 companies, universities, social services, nonprofits, and governmental agencies.
- Work closely with sales and other business teams to summarize and communicate legal concepts clearly and effectively and help them synthesize legal frameworks in developing their business strategies
- Advise our business teams on relevant legal contexts, issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- Be a point of contact for legal issues for the commercial legal team, while collaborating closely with other legal and compliance teams to provide holistic advice, serving as a strategic thought partner for the sales and partnership teams..
- Improve our standard form agreements, playbooks, and legal processes to help us scale globally with a consistent but locally relevant approach
- Qualified attorney and Member of the California Bar (in good standing) or eligible to register as California Registered In-House Counsel
- 3+ years of experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience working in the technology/software sector, including PaaS or SaaS contracts, is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong track record of reviewing, negotiating and drafting a wide range of complex commercial agreements
- Bonus points for prior experience with federal government and public agency contracting
- Proven ability to provide quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice while properly balancing risks and business reward
- Dedication to superior customer service
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage workloads, multiple client demands, and shifting priorities
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving workplace
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interested in learning new things, and desire to get things done
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program