Who are we?
SentinelOne is shaping the future of endpoint security through its unified, converged platform that automatically prevents, detects, and responds to threats in real-time. Our unique approach is based on deep inspection of all system processes combined with innovative machine learning to quickly isolate malicious behaviors, protecting devices against advanced, targeted threats in real time. We’re 400 strong, serving over 2,700 customers to date, including 3 of the Fortune10. This is your chance to join the endpoint revolution.
What are we looking for?
SentinelOne is looking for a capable attorney to join our SentinelOne legal team as Commercial Counsel. The role requires a self-starting mindset to partner with colleagues across the globe, and to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization. We are looking for a pragmatic, smart, collaborative and professional team player who is detail-oriented, independent and resourceful. The position is located out of our beautiful Mountain View, CA office.
This is a great opportunity for someone to accelerate an existing in-house career at one of the fastest growing, market leading cyber security companies in the world. Areas of focus include a range of commercial transactions including various strategic deals, data privacy/security, product counseling, cross functional work, and other legal work coming our way.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of law firm and in-house, as well as aptitude to learn, adapt and thrive in an ever-changing, growing environment. SaaS commercial experience is highly desired.
What Will You Do?
- Negotiate agreements with potential customers, channel partners, strategic partners and other business parties across standard and non-standard deal papers
- Provide risk mitigation advice and counsel to all areas of the company on an as-needed basis, including international offices, HR, Marketing, Finance, Account Management, Support Services, Professional Services, Engineering, Product Development/Management and Operations
- Advise, provide guidance and develop policies and processes on a broad range of privacy, regulatory and legal compliance matters. Work with our product teams and other stakeholders to ensure that our products and services are compliant with emerging global privacy laws, and with our sales team to convey our data privacy and security posture to customers
- Support SentinelOne's contract management process as needed
What skills and experience should you bring?
- Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school or JD equivalent and LL.M from a leading U.S. school, active license to practice law in a US state
- Minimum of 2+ years combined experience at a law firm and in-house drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including good working knowledge of SaaS agreements, technology licensing, product counseling, strategic deals, channel and privacy
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, meet deadlines and resolve complex problems with a thorough understanding of the changing legal needs in a fast-growing business environment
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive in a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize and work independently
- Ability to lead and operate in a fast-paced, flexible culture and excel under pressure while maintaining a an accountable, collaborative, positive and pleasant attitude.
You will work on real-world problems and make an impact by protecting our customers from cyber threats. You will be joining a cutting-edge project and will be able to influence the architecture, design, and structure of our core platform. You will tackle extraordinary challenges and work with the very BEST in the industry.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k), Commuter, Health and Dependent FSA
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Numerous company-sponsored events including regular happy hours and team building events
SentinelOne is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.