As Commercial Counsel at Criteo, you will join Criteo’s Americas Commercial Legal Team. This role can be based in New York, Boston, Miami, Chicago, Ann Arbor, or São Paulo.
You will partner with commercial business teams across all parts of Criteo’s business, including negotiating transactions with advertisers, brands, retailers, publishers, and technology partners; providing advice on advertising and privacy matters; and otherwise providing high-value, business-focused legal advice in support of any other matters that come our way.
This role presents a great career move for a lawyer seeking a challenging opportunity that combines technical legal knowledge and interaction with both internal and external business clients, operating in an exciting and fast-paced global environment.
We are looking for a talented lawyer who can work independently, but can also collaborate in a collegial environment and accommodate a variety of personalities and cultures.
The ideal candidate will have
- A minimum of 4 years of commercial / tech transactions law experience with a top-tier law ﬁrm (with IP, privacy, technology experience) or in-house tech industry experience (ad tech or advertising/marketing law experience is a plus).
- Experience drafting/negotiating complex commercial and technology transactions including data privacy knowledge, non-disclosure agreements, strategic partnerships, vendor contracts, marketing contracts, as well as advising on advertising guidelines and best practices.
- Problem solver, with a pro-business approach.
- Desire to learn and understand complex technologies.
- Ability to engage with business partners of different experience levels, provide reasoned legal advice, empower partners through training initiatives and act as a trusted partner with commercial teams.
- Ability to accommodate a variety of personalities and cultures.
- One of the following languages would be a plus (but not required): Spanish or Portuguese
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work harmoniously with internal stakeholders and other legal team members.
- Ability to really hit the ground running.
- Lots of “go go go” and can-do attitude.