AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Commercial Counsel reporting to our Chief of Staff to focus on developing and executing a long term vision for a sophisticated commercial legal practice, including executing on commercial scaling and efficiency initiatives. This role will play a key role in our rapidly growing business, partnering with teams across the company to help build and evolve our product offerings and further develop and mature our business lines, all while balancing business objectives and legal risk across the multiple geographies in which we operate.As our Commercial Counsel, you will work to:
- Draft and negotiate agreements with strategic partners in the waste and recycling space.
- Provide practical advice on legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures and company policies in a risk-tolerant, but compliance-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Business Development/Sales, Product/Engineering, Finance, and Operations) and to solve commercial and corporate issues, support execution of company goals, and drive a more efficient process internally and externally.
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of agreements and commercial partnership agreements.
- Provide practical guidance on legal issues and agreements in the context of the company’s commercial goals and risk thresholds.
- Help create, improve and manage internal processes, best practices, and commercial templates for the legal team
- Assist on projects as needed, including general corporate, vendor relationship and risk management issues, as well as assisting with the management of external counsel.
- Contribute to the continued development and improvement of our data privacy and information security policies, practices and procedures.
The successful candidate will have:Required:
- Attorney with 4+ years of experience gained from working at a top-tier firm and/or scaling startup.
- Have solid experience with commercial contracts, whether negotiating from a commercial perspective or reviewing from a regulatory perspective, including leading negotiations or discussions with large and small companies.
- Can successfully work independently with little guidance, but also able to use good judgment and escalate issues when needed.
- Eager to collaborate and comfortable and effective at building strong relationships with people across a variety of functional teams, skill sets and levels of professional experience.
- Have a demonstrated drive for results, work ethic and ability to prioritize risks and projects to focus on what’s important, get things done, and seize opportunities.
- Have meticulous attention to detail and excellent planning and organization skills.
- Pragmatic strategist who can identify and resolve legal issues in the context of the company’s commercial goals and risk thresholds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills—the ability to explain complex issues and concepts in straightforward, everyday terms.
- 8 years of legal experience.
- Previous experience in the waste management or recycling industry is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Law degree is required.Experience:
4 years of legal counsel experience.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Louisville, COTravel Requirements: