Atrium is reinventing the way legal services are delivered by combining modern technology and operational efficiency to deliver fast, transparent, and price predictable services to high-growth companies. Atrium aims to disrupt the $158B corporate legal services market. We’re based in San Francisco and have $75.5M in funding from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Y Combinator, Greylock, First Round Capital, and more.
Atrium’s platform promotes collaboration between clients and their attorney to seamlessly manage corporate records, draft key documents, and track projects in one place, resulting in a vastly superior experience that enables our clients to focus on growing their business. Atrium has helped ~400 companies with everything from corporate governance and drafting commercial contracts to raising over $1B in venture capital. We are a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product managers, operations and legal experts building products and tools that are changing the future of the legal industry.
As a Commercial Contracts Attorney at Atrium, you will work directly with the hottest early-stage companies to provide business and strategic guidance on a wide variety of legal issues that will have high impact on our client's business. You will be negotiating and drafting licensing and commercial agreements, advising on lP, privacy/data and contract law issues, and helping clients with product and business strategies. You will advise on technology-related commercial transactions for high-growth start ups while having autonomy service your clients however you'd like.
Atrium fosters a highly collaborative environment so you will get to work cross functionally across the organization and advise on how to best work with teams such as Sales, Marketing and Accounts to ensure Atrium is providing the best client experience. We want you to be a part of changing the way law is practiced by rethinking the delivery of legal services from first principles. And with no billable hour to worry about (yes you read that right), you're not penalized for delivering legal services to your clients more efficiently. Also, the perks are pretty great too.
What will you be doing?
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements, from the first form customer contracts for early-stage startups to complex joint ventures between fast-growing venture-backed enterprises
- Advise on agreements and deal structures involving cutting-edge legal issues
- Lead your client engagements and manage your clients directly
- Test and provide feedback on new products and processes that make your practice more efficient
What does success look like in this role?
- California Bar Membership
- 4-6 years experience drafting, advising, and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, such as licensing, technology transactions, etc.
- AmLaw 100 law firm and/or in-house counsel on a licensing or revenue team
- Deep technical interest in contract law ( IP law preferred)
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Creative problem solver, willing to think “outside the box”
- Entrepreneurial interest in disrupting the legal industry
What you'll get from Atrium?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest SF startups with $65M in new funding. We're not just a law firm disrupting an archaic industry, we're transforming how legal services are provided!
- Top-tier mentorship from experienced founders and former AmLaw 100 attorneys
- A cross-functional, collaborative and growth-oriented environment where your input is highly valued
- Competitive compensation including equity in Atrium LTS, top-tier health and commuter benefits, 401k, pet insurance, and unlimited time off; plus sweet perks like catered lunch daily, cell phone reimbursement, professional development stipend, etc.
- San Francisco office across from 4th & King CalTrain with large private patio and views of downtown.