The cognitive revolution has arrived. Automation and cognitive technologies are shaping the future of IT and business operations, and IPsoft is at the forefront of this massive shift in the way we live and work. If you want to be part of the future, IPsoft is the place to be. Innovation is our passion, and IPsofters at all levels have the opportunity to be creative and to be challenged.
IPsoft is seeking a talented and business-oriented attorney to join its growing Legal team in downtown New York City. In this position, you will partner with our Enterprise, Partner and SMB sales teams in managing, negotiating and executing commercial transactions. As a fast-paced and fast-growing company, responsibilities will evolve with IPsoft is needs; however, you can count on advising our team on and negotiating complex business, corporate and project finance transactions, providing strategic legal counsel and advice on a wide variety of topics including commercial, real estate, corporate, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, all with a high degree of autonomy.
- Handling routine tasks without supervision and solving difficult problems with limited supervision.
- Applying legal principles and knowledge to business transactions and conducting thorough review of related legal documents.
- Analyzing key issues, organizing thoughts, advocating and presenting legal points.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and assisting with closing a wide range of commercial agreements (including SaaS and PaaS agreements) and matters with minimal support.
- Advising and collaborating with business teams on ongoing legal questions arising during project development, implementation, and management.
- Working effectively and efficiently with outside counsel.
- Functioning as a strong team player and developing strong working relationships with business partners.
- Delivering difficult or controversial messages to a wide variety of both supportive and adversarial audiences in a highly skilled manner.
- Improving and maintaining our standard commercial agreements, contract negotiation playbooks and legal processes to help us scale globally
- Proactively working with internal clients to improve and scale all aspects of the sales contract negotiation process
- Conducting periodic employee trainings on all of the above
- 3-6 years of practical business legal experience at a leading law firm, in-house, or a combination thereof;
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills; Experience with software, content distribution and general commercial agreements within the technology industry preferred;
- Flexibility and eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines;
- Highly organized, process-driven and client-focused team player;
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law
- Will report to the General Counsel