Are you looking for real-world experience in the legal and compliance field at a positive and collaborative company that values your needs, celebrates, and has fun? Look no further!
Merchants Bonding Company is seeking candidates for a Claims and Compliance Legal Intern for the summer of 2021. This position is responsible for providing assistance, research, development and implementation of guidelines and procedures in the claims and compliance branches of the surety insurance industry.
Merchants Bonding Company Summer 2021 internships will include opportunities for community service projects, cross-departmental learning, West Des Moines area intern networking, and both social and educational events. The group will work closely together on business-impacting projects and gain real-world experiences.
Eligible candidates meet the following criteria:
- First or second-year law student with a preferred undergraduate degree in the business field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated, confident, self-starter with high capacity to learn and develop
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proven organizational skills and ability to handle multiple duties
This internship will focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of the insurance and surety industries
- Research and develop content for compliance, claims, and corporate governance matters
- Update the Claims Handling Guidelines and Adjustor Licensing Requirements
- Research statutes regulations, and administrative bulletins to prepare and assist in implementation of company-wide guidelines, policies and procedures
- Assist in building the Claims department Library and Training Manual documentation
- Extensive review of departmental forms
- Assist in management and administration of vendor management program
- Work alongside in-house compliance and legal teams to complete various tasks
Succeed with Visionary Leaders. Merchants’ reputation sets us above the competition. Our growth has remained in the double digits for over 10 years.
Merchants has a 37.5 hour work-week with flexible scheduling and a dress for your day dress code, which includes casual dress. Height adjustable desks, complimentary beverage station, free parking, multiple social events, and a state-of-the-art facility are just a few of the excellent perks of joining the Merchants team. Merchants also offers relocation assistance for those who qualify.