Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Legal - Our vision is to advance the company's strategy, support its transformation, and effectively manage risk through a team known for collaboration, sound judgment, and proactive advice.
We support our vision with four strategic pillars: Integrated Business Advice, Risk Management, Talent & Leadership Development, and Operational Excellence. #LegalDeptJobs
The individual selected will primarily support the Wells Fargo Strategic Capital equity investments activities. Wells Fargo Strategic Capital invests in a variety of private and public companies on behalf of Wells Fargo.
- 8+ years of legal experience with a major law firm, securities regulatory agency or in-house law department; including 5+ years of representing firms in capital markets and investment banking activities; or 6+ years of experience with a major law firm and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology, including 5+ years of representing firms in capital markets and investment banking activities
- Active State Bar membership
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
Other Desired Qualifications
- At least five (5) years’ experience with venture backed companies and transactions and complex capital structures with frequent capital raises and associated legal documentation
- At least five (5) years’ experience structuring and negotiating terms on convertible notes, warrants, etc.
- An understanding of market terms and structuring for various types of investment transactions: venture, venture growth, growth equity, PE/LBO.
- Experience representing investors with the deal process (execution, documentation, company, and investor interaction, etc.)
- Experience assisting with developing policies, guidelines, and best practices for a private capital investing group
Ability to travel up to 10% of the time