If you're an experienced solutions provider and want to experience a totally different way of delivering valuable tax and legal services to clients, look no further than Top 100 accounting and consulting firm K•Coe Isom. Because we're an honest-to-goodness business advisory firm, our people are change agents. That means we stretch our professionals far beyond compliance work and into a key strategic role in our clients' development and success.
Do you enjoy challenging estate planning work and the opportunity to mentor others? Are you passionate about both partnership and real estate work? If so and if you’re interested in partnering directly with some of today's progressive business owners and key decision makers to grow both their companies and our firm we’d like to talk.
As a K•Coe Tax Attorney, your compliance background is just a start. Here, you won’t feel trapped in an environment of parsing new regulations day in and day out. Rather you will be uniquely positioned to assist our successful business clients with the challenging family situations that they face as they run their organization. Whether it’s helping to plan for transfers of wealth, or walking through the complexities that accompany the management of family owned farms, you’ll ensure that succeeding generations are proactive in their response to constantly changing IRS regulations.
- A JD and 5-10 years or more experience as an estate tax attorney is essential. A specialty in tax research is strongly preferred, as is an LLM in tax.
- Solid background in estate and gift tax returns.
- CA experience in tax and/or estate planning is required.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of community property laws and their impact on clients.
- Willingness to travel occasionally overnight, up to 25-30% annually
The Extra Special Stuff:
- Confidence in managing scope while identifying new projects and collaborating with teammates and leaders
- A team-focused work style, with equal ability to be a leader or a participant and enjoy both
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex legal and financial information
What’s in it for you:
- A people-centered culture, with humor and fun as part of our core firm values
- A huge and robust training and development program, designed to help you enhance your distinct abilities and use them to grow yourself and the firm
- More freedom to explore and focus on your unique areas of interest
- A fast track to leadership and influence for those who pursue it. (Depending on your ability to successfully come and add value to the firm in this role, you may advance to principal within 3-4 years.)
- Excellent pay, flexibility, and benefits