The Bilingual Law Clerk II shall provide legal research and litigation support to the Security Exchange Commission (SEC), Division of Enforcement. The SEC’s Division of Enforcement utilizes a variety of data that contain current, historical and futures information about sensitive public company data, mutual fund data, and trade/quote data.Responsibilities:
- Assists in the preparation or prepares draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law and compiles case materials.
- Organizes information for legal forms and documents, including complaints, declarations, discovery requests, responses, and other pleadings.
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege; assists attorneys with all phases of the litigation process.
- Conduct research and translations for various projects and cases.
- Reviews briefs and conducts complex legal research and analysis for trial staff.
- Reviews evidence, takes witness statements, and assists in trial preparations and investigations.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Law Degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
- At least two years’ experience as a Litigation Law Clerk.
- Full professional proficiency in reading, writing, and translating Mandarin-Chinese.
- Ability to provide favorable credit history.
- Knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court systems, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively in an extremely pressured environment
- Must have and use excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Candidate typically works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given project and performs all functional duties independently.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications including word processing, Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.