We are seeking an attorney with a background in family law practice. Our firm offers a competitive base salary as well as bonuses. Some of our benefits include paid time off, retirement vesting upon hire, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, professional development support and a host of fortune 500 caliber benefits.
You have 5-15 years’ experience in Washington family law with the ability to handle complex cases from start to finish, including structured alternative dispute resolution and/or trial if necessary. Typical cases are divorce, custody, modification of existing orders, and enforcement proceedings. Washington Bar license is required; dual Bar license in Oregon and bilingual abilities are a plus. Experience in other areas of practice is considered an advantage.
Overall performance of a team is paramount and being available to guide associates, paralegals, and legal assistants in the office is a duty associated with this position, in addition to meeting billable requirements. If this sounds like you, please send the required cover letter, resume and references.
- 5-15 years of Family law practice experience, or other type of litigation
- First-chair family law trial experience, or trial experience
- Admitted to the Washington Bar
- Active in business professional groups and Bar associations
- Ability to mentor, teach, and train associates and paralegals
- Case management experience and ability to supervise case load of other attorneys and paralegals
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management--Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Delegation--Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment--Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.