Benderson Development is one of America’s largest privately held real estate companies. We are proud to own and manage over 700 properties encompassing over 40 million square feet in 38 states. The diverse Benderson portfolio includes retail, office, industrial, hotel, residential, and land holdings.
- Communicate with leasing agents regarding lease documents and deals made with tenants or proposed tenants. Assist leasing agents with prospective tenant proposals, including LOI’s and check restrictions. Meet with leasing agents to review lease terms, status.
- Present proposed and existing lease deals, lease modifications and completed leases, and react/respond to changes as requested.
- Negotiate leases, lease amendments, waivers, subordination agreements, estoppels and termination agreements with tenants, attorneys and brokers. Draft and revise leases and lease amendments for new and existing tenants. Collect information and exhibits from other departments for final lease review. Provide information and direction to administrative staff in implementing lease terms (i.e. providing dates necessary for lease commencement) Answer questions regarding leases.
- Assist in preparing purchase and sale contracts. Work on due diligence requirements in preparing for closings.
- Negotiate ancillary lease forms, such as waivers, subordination agreements, estoppels, termination agreements, rental agreements, etc.
- Maintain awareness of lease terms, obligations and responsibilities required in each lease (such as meeting penalty and dead dates), and exclusives and restrictions to avoid violations of existing leases.
- Prepare post lease execution documents such as waivers, SNDA’s and TI allowance.
- Provide assistance to departments regarding insurance claims, lease claims and tenant disputes regarding lease terms and collections.
- Assist in handling all aspects of eminent domain matters. Assist with all aspects of complying with and applying for government incentive (i.e. Industrial Development Agency benefits).
- Insure completion of weekly lease listing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
J.D. required, in addition to 3+ years practicing law. Specific knowledge of commercial real estate leasing a plus. Experienced in contract negotiations. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal a necessity; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Proven ability to multitask, managing multiple real estate files in an effective and efficient manner.