Your Specific Responsibilities:
This is an entry level lawyer position. The incumbent will generally handle fewer or less complex disciplinary cases and may work independently under infrequent supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prepares recommended action for Probable Cause Panels to include dismissals, letters of guidance or Administrative Complaints; presents cases before the probable cause panels.
- Drafts pleadings, discovery and legal memoranda; represents the Department before the Division of Administrative Hearings and in Circuit Court.
- Provides timely and professional representation in all aspects of litigation:
- Trial preparation;
- Motions practice;
- Presentation of the case at hearing or trial;
- Preparation of post hearing pleadings in accordance with statute and rule.
- Preparation and presentation of cases for final action before the boards.
- Must become a member of the Florida Bar within 12 months of appointment to a position in this class.
- Florida Department of Health Mission, Vision, and Values:
To protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.Vision:
To be the Healthiest State in the Nation.Values:
Where You Will Work:
- Innovation: We search for creative solutions and manage resources wisely.
- Collaboration: We use teamwork to achieve common goals & solve problems.
- Accountability: We perform with integrity & respect.
- Responsiveness: We achieve our mission by serving our customers & engaging our partners.
- Excellence: We promote quality outcomes through learning & continuous performance improvement.
2585 Merchants Row Blvd, Tallahassee, Fl 32399The Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package for employees features a highly competitive set of employee benefits including:
- Annual and Sick Leave benefits;
- Nine paid holidays and one Personal Holiday each year;
- State Group Insurance coverage options, including health, life, dental, vision, and other supplemental insurance options;
- Retirement plan options, including employer contributions (For more information, please click www.myfrs.com);
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Tuition waivers;
- And more!
Closing Date: 5th November, 2021