Are you intrigued by the possibilities of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the field of healthcare? Do you want to work with people who are on the cutting edge of healthcare research? Do you want to work with AI/ML technologies as they grow from ideas to products? If so, the Microsoft Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) team has an immediate opening for a dynamic, highly motivated attorney to join our Artificial Intelligence and Research (AI&R) legal team in Redmond, Washington.
The AI&R legal team provides front-line, world-wide legal support for Microsoft’s AI&R Group. AI&R is responsible for driving the company’s overall artificial intelligence strategy and forward-looking research and development efforts spanning infrastructure, services, apps and agents. It includes AI-focused businesses and highly dynamic research and product incubation groups.
This position will be part of the legal team that supports Microsoft’s healthcare research efforts, which are devoted to identifying new and innovative healthcare AI/ML technologies and developing them internally and through research collaborations with university, government, non-profit and/or commercial partners.Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing creative and proactive counseling to the healthcare research teams on a broad range of complex legal, business and policy issues.
- Coordinating with team members, CELA colleagues and outside counsel to develop policies and best practices to address legal and regulatory issues for Microsoft’s healthcare research activities.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of legal agreements in cooperation with clients and CELA colleagues across the company, including technology and research collaboration agreements, IP sharing agreements, user study agreements, and outbound/inbound technology licenses.
- Building strong client relationships and becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
- Driving process improvements as required.
- The successful candidate must have a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and at least 5 years of experience as a practicing attorney. The role requires the successful candidate to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, and collaborate well to manage complex projects that cut across organizational boundaries. Experience supporting researchers and research institutions, especially in the healthcare space, is a big plus.
- The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work to be performed by the successful candidate. The actual duties and responsibilities may vary in line with business imperatives. Microsoft is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly supports workforce diversity.
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
- Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.