The position of Senior Assistant County Attorney will primarily be working with the Department of Human Resources in employment law. Other practice areas may include other duties as assigned under the general supervision of a Deputy County Attorney.
- Juris Doctorate and 9 or more years of experience as an attorney;
- Member in good standing of the Georgia Bar and admitted to practice in the Superior Courts of Georgia, United States District Court, Court of Appeals for the State of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia and other courts as necessary;
- Substantial experience practicing employment law with a local government that operates a merit system is required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Court procedures;
- Research methods.
- Operating a computer and applicable software;
- Applying laws, rules and regulations;
- Analyzing complex information;
- Mediating conflict;
- Organizing and presenting cases for trial;
- Preparing legal documents;
- Presenting legal arguments in support of legal positions;
- Conducting trials, hearings, and proceedings;
- Conducting legal research;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
For information related to position specific Essential Duties, Knowledge and Skills, and Physical Requirements, click here.
When you Apply, don't forget to mention that you found this job on Attorneyjobsinusa.com.