Sorry! This position is no longer available!
Independently, plans and executes large tasks involving legal problems of recognized complexity. Supports TVA’s business goals and TVA’s strategic initiatives to achieve those goals.Principal Accountabilities:
- Provides full legal services in one or more functional or subject area. Performs as fully operational specialist, involving legal problems of recognized complexity.
- Exercises considerable judgment in correlating legal theory & practice with experience to make sound legal decisions which meet the needs of a particular situation.
- Work typically involves situations where applicable precedents and laws relating to situations require experience, judgment, and independent reasoning in their application; and where matters in question can have significant effect on TVA.
- Assignments require planning and execution of large tasks involving legal problems of recognized complexity. Considerable judgment is exercised in correlating legal theory and practice with experience to make sound legal decisions which meet the needs of a particular situation.
- Assists in or performs the research, preparation & presentation of TVA’s position. May have primary responsibility for significant cases or matters.
- Performs with thorough working knowledge of practices, methods, precedents, and special issues particular to developed specialty.
- Working for (or representing utilities in proceedings before) a state or federal utility commission. It would be preferable that the utility representation occurred in the electric industry.
- Working directly with utilities on matters related to electric service (ratemaking, service policies, ratepayer companies, compliance with any applicable state or federal regulation). It would be preferable that the candidate has worked with municipal or cooperative utilities.
- Attorneys with other electric utility regulatory experience should also apply, e.g., transmission, environmental, nuclear.
Preferred Skills Sets:
- Education – The position requires a law degree.
- Experience - Thorough working knowledge and experience in the subject or functional areas assigned.
- Certification/License, etc. — An active license to practice law in at least one state or the District of Columbia.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities — The incumbent must have strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Knowledge of TVA’s goals, objectives, business operations, and organizational structure is required.
- Candidate may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance based on position / access requirements and essential job functions.
- 7-10 years litigation experience required (federal litigation experience preferred)
Closing Date: 14th October, 2021